BY MINISTRY OF INFORMATION (PRESS RELEASE)
As it will be recalled, the GOE had issued several statements in the past that elucidated Qatar’s deplorable schemes of subversion using the Sudan as a springboard.
In this particular year in which the prospects of using the Sudan as a suitable venue for launching terrorist activities has become increasingly slimmer, the desperation of Qatar, its sponsors and minions, has accordingly become higher.
In the event, the 10-point scheme of subversion that Qatar has mapped out consists of: (the scheme also includes fueling ethnic clashes in Port Sudan)*
1) To regroup Eritrean opposition political leaders; unify their associations and extend requisite support to the latter;
2) To give special focus to Eritrean youth; unify their associations and incite them to engage in acts of rebellion against the Eritrean government;
3) To instill religious extremism on Eritrean Islamist opposition elements and thereby induce an uprising of Eritrean Muslims against their compatriots;
4) To sow the seeds of ethnic cleavage and hatred among the Eritrean people;
5) To launch efforts to induce protests and demonstrations in Eritrean cities against the Government;
6) To give military training (in the Sudan) to “Muslim Brotherhood” opposition elements in the planting of landmines, ambushes and assassination of prominent government officials; to facilitate their infiltration into Eritrea to conduct these operations;
7) To assassinate influential Eritrean leaders;
8) To conduct acts of economic sabotage in Eritrea;
9) To intensify hostile propaganda;
10) To publicize human rights violations in Eritrea in international organizations and foreign countries; to disseminate documents and videos to that effect.
The above constitutes, in brief and skeletal form, Qatar’s nefarious, even if inconsequential, agenda.
Ministry of Information
28 November 2019
* (The specific scheme of inciting ethnic conflict in Port Sudan will be revealed soon with all relevant details)