The Eritrean Government has approved the construction of 1,048 modern apartments, 376 residential houses and 256 different sized shops for business ventures in areas around Halibet Hospital, Sembel and Space 2000 starting from this year.
As explicitly stipulated on the website of the Housing and Commerce Bank of Eritrea, only nationals who have fulfilled their “National Obligation” and make a 25% deposit payment for the house or business shops they select are qualified for the purchase.
The following is the full statement that was released yesterday by the Housing and Commerce Bank of Eritrea:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Notice for Purchase of Residential Houses in Asmara (AHP-2013)
. The construction of a total of 1,048 apartments, 376 residential houses and 256 for business ventures would get underway this year around Halibet Hospital, Space and Sembel. The registration form (FORM-HS1) to this end has been distributed.
1. Potential buyers are nationals who have fulfilled their national obligations.
2. Following the filling of the above stated Form, buyers are expected to make a 25% deposit of the total price for the chosen type of house at the account in the headquarters of the Housing and Commerce Bank (Bahti-Meskerm Square) entitled “Asmara Housing Project 2012 EURO C/A # 124-5.”
The remaining portions of the payments are due to be completed within two years and all transactions should be in EURO.
3. All applications are invalid without the aforementioned deposit.
4. Payment of deposits and the following transactions should involve full names of buyers and number of their Eritrean Identification Cards.
5. Registration can be fulfilled in person at the headquarters of the Housing and Commerce Bank or in the Eritrean Embassies and Consulates in various countries, while the relevant for in the Eritrean Embassies and consulates in various countries, while the relevant form can be download from the website www.erheb.com, get filled and sent to the fax numbers +291-1-120401 or +291-1-127957, or the e-mail address [email protected]
Attachment of deposit invoice is an imperative.
6. In dealing with No. 7 of FORM HS-1, applicants should clearly select an area for the breadth of apartments and houses that range from 30 to 120 sq. meters and 125 to 200 square meters respectively. So as to prioritize choices, applicants out to fill the given 11 boxes in the respective options according to their choices as “1,” “2,” and “3,” and placements would be made on this basis.
7. Entitled buyers or their agents would be notified through their telephone numbers or email addresses.
8. Nationals who had signed contract agreements and made deposits thereof in the past can shift into the new project through transferring their deposits to the above-mentioned Bank account. Such applicants are expected to attach document of money transfer order (Refer No. 6 of FORM-1)
9. Nationals who have already become beneficiaries of land plots could equally avail themselves of this opportunity (Refer No.5 of FORM-1)
10. In case of a need for additional information, reference could be made to the Housing and Commerce Bank: https://www.erhcb.com
- PR Department: Tel. +291-1-120350 Ext. 216
- Engineering Department: +291-1-120350 Ext. 215 (Regarding the details of the apartments and houses)
- PMS Department +291-1-120350 Ext. 149 (for countercheck of transactions).
ASMARA HOUSING PROJECT – SPACE 2000 District
ASMARA HOUSING PROJECT – Sembel Area
ASMARA HOUSING PROJECT – Halibet Area
For detail of the projects and pricing, please visit the official website of HCB HERE